Subject: Light exposure and flatbed scanners

Light exposure and flatbed scanners

From: Frank A Reynolds <fr0c+<-a>
Date: Thursday, December 11, 1997
I have seen questions and replies on the light intensity and amount
of UV from photocopiers.  Has there been any testing of the lamps
used in flatbed scanners?  I will be making reproductions of
contemporary artworks (mainly watercolors) for a catalogue and it
would quicker and cheaper to scan them, if that is not harmful to
them.

Frank A. Reynolds
Hunt Institute
Carnegie Mellon University