Subject: Amino acids on lithic tools

Amino acids on lithic tools

From: Harriet F. Beaubien <siwp09.cal.hfb<-a>
Date: Wednesday, December 10, 1997
This is a response to Paul Storch's request for information about
the likelihood of successful amino acid residue analysis on lithic
tools.  Andy Wilson, a former CAL fellow, was involved in research
with our research biochemist, Noreen Tuross, using immunochemical
techniques, and the issue of contamination from handling was
addressed.  Their work is published in the most recent IIC Congress
preprints, Archaeological Conservation and its Consequences
(Copenhagen, 1996).  For contact information, please reach me
off-line.

Rae Beaubien, objects conservator
301-238-3700 ext.154

                 Distributed: Friday, December 12, 1997