Subject: Scanners

Scanners

From: Rab Jackson <pr258rj<-a>
Date: Tuesday, December 9, 1997
Stephen Selby <srselby<-a t->hk< . >super< . >net> writes

>They have asked me to obtain information on any companies supplying
>non-flat-bed scanners to allow books to be scanned without breaking
>the spine.  I have heard of such technology for photocopying, but
>not for scanners.

The type of scanner Stephen Selby may be interested in is the
Kontron (ProgRes 3012) Digital Camera.  This type of camera allows
you to scan volumes , documents, 3D objects etc. at a distance.  A
book cradle would be required to allow proper opening of the volume
for scanning without damaging the binding structure.  Further
information and details of the camera can be obtained from the
following supplier:

    Mr Andy Hawkins
    GK Ltd
    Unit 6, Northampton Road