Subject: Scanners

Scanners

From: Beth Bilderback <l700024<-a>
Date: Tuesday, December 9, 1997
Regarding Stephen Selby's post on non-flatbed scanners, Minolta
makes an overhead scanner with an adjustable bed to accommodate
books.  The scanner software also levels out the curve of the pages
and provides a scan without gutter loss. We have had one for several
months and have found it much easier on bindings than the standard
book photocopier (especially since we rely on students to make
copies) and can store scans from material with a high copy request
rate.  I would recommend getting a digital copier with it instead
of the printer, although the printer is adequate for most purposes.

Beth Bilderback
South Caroliniana Library
University of S.C.
Columbia, SC 29208