Subject: Vibration specifications

Vibration specifications

From: David Thickett <conservation<-a>
Date: Thursday, December 4, 1997
I have been asked to provide allowed vibration levels for a design
brief for an ethnographic store, which will contain fragile degraded
material and material with friable, weakly bound pigments.  Has
anyone experience of setting safe vibration levels in such
circumstances or any measured values from 'suitable' stores,
ethnographic or otherwise?  Also I would be interested in how to
convert between peak particle velocity in 'm/s' and peak
acceleration in 'G' for a vibration.

David Thickett
Conservation Research Group
+44 171 323 8772