Subject: Course syllabi sought

Course syllabi sought

From: Sarah Lowengard <sarahl<-a>
Date: Friday, December 5, 1997
Call for Contributions
Web Site of Conservation Course Syllabi

I am collecting material for a web site devoted to conservation
course syllabi, which will be accessible via the Conservation
OnLine (CoOL) web page.  For this, I would like to receive detailed
information about conservation courses taught now or in the recent
past.

"Course" should be broadly construed here--formal or informal,
offered for academic credit or not.  It might be a general
introduction to conservation, or focus on any sub-discipline.  It
might be a public information lecture, with hand-outs or reading
lists.  A course could be a program offered for professionals in
related fields.  Or volunteers.  I am especially interested in
teaching materials used in to supplement internships and other
individual or small-group instruction.

Submissions should include background information such as course
name, instructor, place taught, date(s), intended audience/academic
level. My main interest however, is inclusion of detailed course
summary, syllabus or outline and reading lists.

Please send information and queries to me.  Volunteer assistance is
also welcomed.

Sarah Lowengard
P.O. Box 6611
New York, NY 10128