Subject: Ultrasonic welders

Ultrasonic welders

From: Rab Jackson <pr258rj<-a>
Date: Thursday, December 4, 1997
Bonnie Bates <bbates<-a t->ngc< . >chin< . >gc< . >ca> writes

> We are currently researching the various types of ultrasonic welders
> on the market.

May I suggest Bonnie Bates has a look at HDS home page.  It gives
details of the "Keeper" ultrasonic welding machine currently in use
at the National Library of Scotland.  I have found it to be a very
good piece of equipment and capable of producing quality welds.  It
has an infinite throat which is ideal for larger documents e.g.
newspapers and maps. Full details from
<URL:http://www.hds-uk.demon.co.uk/>

Mr R Jackson
Preservation Manager