Subject: Mission statements

Mission statements

From: Robert J. Milevski <milevski<-a>
Date: Wednesday, November 26, 1997
I am interested in hearing from those of you who have a mission
statement for your preservation program/department.  I have found a
number of these on the net already but wish to hear from you folks
who, like me, do not have a web face.  My query is merely fact
gathering for the future drafting of such a document for my unit.

For those interested, those libraries with a web presence which
includes a mission statement for preservation are at the following
URL's

    National Library of Medicine
      <URL:http://www.nlm.nih.gov/psd/pcm/nlmpres.html>
    Yale
      <URL:http://www.library.yale.edu/preservation/progserv.htm>
    Texas Memorial Museum, UT--Austin
      <URL:http://www.utexas.edu/ftp/pub/tmm/mcl/mcl.html>
    National Gallery of Victoria, accessed through CoOL,
      <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/victoria/vicpol.html>
    Library of Congress
      <URL:http://lcweb.loc.gov/preserv/mission.html>
    Cornell
      <URL:http://www.library.cornell.edu/preservation/mission.Htm>
    Harvard
      <URL:http://preserve.harvard.edu/about/hul/mission.html>
    Indiana University
      <URL:http://www.indiana.edu/~libpres/Manual/prsmanual2.html>
    Northwestern
      <URL:http://www.library.nwu.edu/preservation/orgchart.html>
    Columbia
      <URL:http://www.columbia.edu/cu/libraries/services/preservation/>

This query was posted on another list without much response. Thanks
in advance for any replies. PS.  There was some reference on some
list [what seems like years ago] to an ALA PARS
committee/subcommittee/TF or some such which was compiling a list of
preservation programs with websites.  Does this list exist?  And
where can I get a copy of it?  Anyone have it online?

Robert J. Milevski
Preservation Librarian
Princeton University Library
One Washington Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
609-258-5591
Fax: 609-258-4105

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 26, 1997