Subject: Five-year plans

Five-year plans

From: Robert J. Milevski <milevski<-a>
Date: Wednesday, November 26, 1997
I would like to hear from anyone via the list or offline regarding
whether they have a five-(or four- or three-) year plan for
preservation or conservation in their units.

We do not yet have such a document here but we do see the utility
and advantage of one, especially with regard to activities such as
budget and resource/staff management and rare books and special
collections conservation.  When one's unit is sufficiently
organized, planning ahead for collections-based projects with
subject collections in the general stacks is also feasible and
doable.  A 5-year plan  should also work for programmatic
activities.

This query was posted on another list without much response. So,
anyone out there care to share their experiences?

Robert J. Milevski
Preservation Librarian
Princeton University Library
One Washington Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
609-258-5591
Fax: 609-258-4105

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 26, 1997