Subject: Storing and displaying ephemera

Storing and displaying ephemera

From: Gary Roberts <groberts<-a>
Date: Tuesday, November 25, 1997
I wrote

>I am looking for information or ideas on how to store ephemeral
>material, particularly trade catalogs, so that the items can be

Shortly after asking this question, I happened upon the following
resource, noted in the Ephemera News, V16, #1:

The Philadelphia Area Consortium of Special Collections, in 1994,
sponsored a Summer Seminar on Ephemera. The papers presented are
available as Vol 4, numbers 1 & 2 from The Haworth Press, 10 Alice
Street, Binghamton, NY, 13904. Topics included electronic imaging,
retrieval systems, preservation, interpretation of 19th C graphics
and the 1876 Centennial Exposition. And my thanks to those who
responded to my query.

Gary Roberts
Boston, MA

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 26, 1997