Subject: Flattening edges of bound materials

Flattening edges of bound materials

From: Charles F. Hillen <cfh200u<-a>
Date: Monday, November 17, 1997
A colleague of mine and I are wrestling with how to best preserve
some music manuscripts. They are written in ink, so we decided that
the process of using Japanese paper to smooth down some rumpled
edges might cause the ink to run.

The pages are intact, that is, bound in a booklet, so we can't
isolate the troublesome pages and cover them with mylar. How might
some of you go about flattening these edges?

Charles Hillen, Library Assistant
F. Ludwig Diehn Composers Room
Old Dominion University

                 Distributed: Monday, November 17, 1997