Subject: Polystyrene packaging

Polystyrene packaging

From: Morgan Anna <morganan<-a>
Date: Monday, November 17, 1997
I have in my collection in the archives here a number of items of
glass and crockery which are in presentation boxes containing
polystyrene packaging. As the polystyrene is cut to fit the items
there is not really room to wrap the item to buffer it from the
polystyrene and I wondered what I should do instead.

Ideally we would like to keep the presentation boxes with the items
because people who want to see them will want to see them how they
were originally presented and because we do not really have the
space to store them separately. Basically I would like to know if
there is any danger in leaving them in the polystyrene packaging and
what alternatives I have to leaving them as they are.

Anna Morgan
Guinness Archives

                 Distributed: Monday, November 17, 1997