Subject: Vikane

Vikane

From: Suzanne Carnes <scarnes<-a>
Date: Friday, November 7, 1997
Is anyone familiar with the use of the pesticide Vikane (sulfuryl
fluoride) for pest eradication?  Our institution is ready to use
this gas to kill live termites in the shelving.  My main concern and
question is about the safety of the gas regarding human health (as
they are prepared to use this gas no matter what).  If anyone knows
how long a period of time should pass before it is safe for staff to
re-enter the premises after use of this gas, this information will
be *greatly* appreciated.  Mahalo,

Suzanne Carnes
Hawaii-Pacific University
Atherton Library