Subject: Binding machine

Binding machine

From: Normandy Helmer <nhelmer<-a>
Date: Thursday, November 6, 1997
We have a binding machine manufactured by Togik. The system uses
plastic pins that are put through drilled holes, then a cap is
melted onto the end of the pin to secure the fastener. The machine
incorporates a drill and a melting unit, and also has a jogger tray.
The machine was purchased in the 1980s and was quite expensive, but
we do not use it. I am trying to determine a value in hopes we can
sell it.

I have been unable to locate any information on the Web about Togik.
If anyone can give me any assistance, I'd appreciate it. Please
reply privately.

Normandy Helmer
Head, Preservation Dept.
University of Oregon Library