Subject: Kodak film codes

Kodak film codes

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh<-a>
Date: Thursday, November 6, 1997
Re: notch codes on film.  I recall from probably the mid 70's
getting information on notch codes for 4x5 negatives which indicated
what type of film they were.  This info was being used to try to
figure out which were nitrate.  It turned out that some films which
were not nitrate based had nitrate as an adhesive layer.  This was,
however, a long time ago in terms of conservators' knowledge of such
matters.  The information I got would be in the files of the
Brooklyn Museum lab, but I assume there is more complete and
up-to-date information available now.

B. Appelbaum

                Distributed: Thursday, November 6, 1997