Subject: Flag

Flag

From: Chris Samp <cjsamp<-a>
Date: Monday, October 27, 1997
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender and if of general interest post it here as well

I am currently researching how to go about preserving a Regimental
Flag hanging in the Lobby of the National Guard Armory in San Jose
(251 W. Hedding Street).  This particular flag (colors) is in a
framed glass picture frame, with no particular protections I can
detect (like sealed/ bug proof/ uv protected, etc.).

I would like to know the steps and process to go about.  And due to
budgetary reasons, This would be at no charge to the Calf. Nt. Grd.

I would like to invite you to come and look at it; or invite someone
who might take this on as a project and help us out.  I would like
to also find out its date of manufacture and /or use.   Can you
steer me in the right direction? Thank you in advance for your help,

SFC Chris Samp
Assistant Operations Sergeant/ S-3
Calf. Army Nt. Grd
251 West Hedding Street,  2nd Flr