Subject: Polypropylene storage boxes

Polypropylene storage boxes

From: Jerry Shiner <keepsafe<-a>
Date: Friday, October 24, 1997
Tim Edwards <sadete<-a t->hantsnet< . >hants< . >gov< . >uk> writes

>Does anyone have any views on polypropylene boxes for volume
>storage?

Keepsafe Systems/ Forever Yours uses custom made textile storage
boxes fabricated of white "Coroplast", which is a fluted
polypropylene. Our boxes are die cut, store flat, and assemble
quickly without staples, rivets, etc. Coroplast is available in
various thicknesses, and we have found no problems with large boxes
(24 X 36 X 8") made of 5mm material, however, larger boxes do
present some minor problems.

We have not had experience with fire damage, and would be very
interested in opinions and observations. As the material is
waterproof, I wonder if the trade/risk in a fire is reasonable. Does
anyone know the melting and ignition temperatures of polypropylene?

Jerry Shiner
Forever Yours Bridal Gown Preservation
& Keepsafe Systems Inc.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada