Subject: Polypropylene storage boxes

Polypropylene storage boxes

From: Tim Edwards <sadete<-a>
Date: Wednesday, October 22, 1997
Does anyone have any views on polypropylene boxes for volume
storage? I am currently discussing this with a British firm who
produce enclosures for storage of modern material for industry etc,
who want to branch out into archival storage. We are thinking of
phase box type enclosures. I believe the material itself is sound
but am concerned with its performance in a disaster situation eg.
would it be likely to melt at temperatures at which paperboard
enclosures would only char? It may well be possible to rescue items
from charred phase boxes but less certain if they are a sticky mess.
Does anyone use boxes made from this material and if so are they
happy with them? The material we are looking at is 1mm in thickness.

Tim Edwards

                Distributed: Thursday, October 23, 1997