Subject: Lighting systems

Lighting systems

From: Danielle Allard <danielle.allard<-a>
Date: Monday, October 20, 1997
Our museum is planning a major expansion and renovation.  We have
been asked by the architects to determine what kind of lighting we
wanted for our art gallery.  I have been reading recent articles by
S. Michalsky, L. Bowers, etc. and I have basic information on SoLux
daylight lamps, Verilux, fibre optics, etc.  Still, I don't feel
comfortable with making a decision on the actual lighting system to
propose.  Has anyone had any experience working with architects
regarding the same issue?  What kind of specifications are most
important and shouldn't be overlooked?   Would hiring a lighting
engineer be the way to go? Any advice would be welcome.  Thank you
in advance,

Danielle Allard
Paintings conservator
Canadian War Museum