Subject: Portable microscopes

Portable microscopes

From: Elizabeth Richards <elizabeth.richards<-a>
Date: Saturday, October 18, 1997
Luis Nadeau <nadeaul<-a t->nbnet< . >nb< . >ca> writes

>At a recent workshop on the identification of prints, we used a
>number of battery-operated portable microscopes in the 7X, 30X and
>50X range. They were quite inexpensive as they were purchased for
>approximately US$12 each. Their quality was not very good.
>Can anyone point us towards better quality instruments?

I am looking for inexpensive  microscopes that will magnify up to about
300X.  I have been given a catalogue (1997) for

    EFSTONSCIENCE Inc.
    Science & Technology Agora
    3350 Dufferin Street
    Toronto, Ontario M6A 3A4
    Canada
    416-787-4581
    Fax: 416-787-5140

I was going to call them next week for a new catalogue so I don't
know if they are still in business. If you have any luck with
distributors in Canada will you let me know.

Elizabeth A. Richards, M. S., PHEc.
Professor, Department of Human Ecology
University of Alberta
301 Printing Services