Subject: Funding for internships

Funding for internships

From: Anne Pat Smith <smith<-a>
Date: Wednesday, October 15, 1997
    **** Moderator's comments:   Please respond directly to the
    author

A young woman who has worked with me as a student assistant for the
past three years is graduating with a BFA in November and planning
to move to the Bay Area in January '98. Jennifer has been
well-trained in a variety of conservation repair treatments and has
been a productive and innovative member of our team. As a result of
her time with us in the preservation department *and* a bookbinding
class in which she is currently enrolled, Jennifer is anxious to
pursue further training in conservation. In moving to the Bay Area
she is hoping to secure an internship/apprenticeship and actually
has information about a couple of possibilities. She is now
interested in finding out what (if any) financial resources (i.e.
paid internships, scholarships, stipends, etc.) may be available in
the area. Any assistance or information which anyone on the list may
offer will be much appreciated.

Pat Smith
Head, Preservation Department
254 Alden Library
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 15, 1997