Subject: Mouse pad foam

Mouse pad foam

From: Laszlo Cser <laszlo<-a>
Date: Friday, October 10, 1997
Caroline Clawson <cclawson<-a t->fas< . >harvard< . >edu> writes

>We are interested in purchasing some mouse pad foam to cushion a
>workbench intended for framing and unframing.

Have you considered using cork sheeting instead of foam? It is
available in varying thicknesses, widths, and lengths; is
non-reactive to solvents; a firm cushion, can be vacuumed and washed
easily, can be sealed or coated; mounted onto various substrates
either permanently, temporarily, or convertibly; they look nice and
develop an attractive workshop patina. Foams have their own benefits
and drawbacks, yet I have found the cork sheeting to have lasted in
a busy studio for more than 10 years, and still not needing
replacement.

Laszlo Cser
Restorart Inc.
Toronto