Subject: Earthenware

Earthenware

From: Dale Freedman <dale<-a>
Date: Friday, October 10, 1997
I have been entrusted with (dare I use the word?) restoring a
Chinese Han dynasty lead glazed earthenware tower.   A corner
section of the roof and its supporting brackets need to be joined.
What is the most durable and least yellowing adhesive for this type
of earthenware? Also, what consolidant is recommended for making a
tinted fill? Thanks for your assistance,

Dale Freedman
Dale Freedman Associates
Newton, MA

                 Distributed: Friday, October 10, 1997