Subject: Disaster preparedness and management priorities

Disaster preparedness and management priorities

From: Alan G. Howell <ahowell<-a>
Date: Thursday, October 9, 1997
A colleague I have works for a small institution in which management
will not acknowledge disaster planning as a priority.  She has been
to training courses and is quite familiar with the consequences when
one is not prepared for a disaster.  I would be interested in any
suggestions on how to convince management to spend time and money on
disaster planning.  Any strategies, techniques or methods would be
most appreciated.

    Tegan Henderson
    Conservator, Conservation Access
    State Library of New South Wales
    thenders<-a t->ilanet< . >slnsw< . >gov< . >au

Alan G. Howell
Preservation Manager
State Library of New South Wales
Macquarie Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
+61 02 230 1679
Mobile phone: +61 0411 154 392 (mobile)
Fax: +61 2 9273 1265

                 Distributed: Thursday, October 9, 1997