Subject: Leather discolored by tobacco smoke

Leather discolored by tobacco smoke

From: Soren Ibsen <soren.ibsen<-a>
Date: Wednesday, October 8, 1997
Many thanks to Marjorie Kevlahan for her posting to the Cons
DistList. She has really started a discussion. I will remind her
that Paul Storch, who has the first reply, invited her to contact
him of list for further discussion about treatments to the
discolored leather.

What would I have done?

If the leather not are very damaged, e.g. pH under 4, or the grain
layer is not loosened, then I will prefer Maroquin Leatherbalm to
treat the leather. Maroquin Leatherbalm are very much in use mostly
in Germany, because Werner Smitzer from Deutsches Ledermuseum in
Offenbach, has invented the leatherbalm in co-operation with
scientist from the leather industry, and of course the leatherbalm
works very well.

                 Distributed: Thursday, October 9, 1997