Subject: Leather discolored by tobacco smoke

Leather discolored by tobacco smoke

From: Soren Ibsen <soren.ibsen<-a>
Date: Friday, October 3, 1997
It is indeed very seldom we can give advice about an object we not
have seen. For example, on the phone I only give preservative
information.  I think that all students in the conservation field
learned that they not could be a conservator by reading recipes, and
there are tonnages of them, and it's funny to compare them.
Conservators often disagree what the best treatment to an object
will be.

It is not always possible to make investigation to a method, then
you have to listen to same authorities in the conservation field, and
here you have to chose what you feel is the best method.  Good luck,

Soren Ibsen
Conservator
University Library of Trondheim
N-7004  Trondheim