Subject: Dehumidifier

Dehumidifier

From: Helena Jaeschke <mrshjaeschke<-a>
Date: Thursday, October 2, 1997
Sharon Connell requested details of portable dehumidifiers:

Nearly 10 years ago we purchased a Matsui 180 portable dehumidifier
from Curry's (also trading as Dixon's). It is very quiet running
(like a small fridge with an air intake) and efficient and keeps a
room 10 ft by 15 ft at 55% R.H. with a fluctuation of less than 2%.
We keep ours in one place, so we have put a small pipe from the
outflow through a hole in the window frame so that we do not need to
empty the tank every week. This model is very cheap (200 pounds
sterling) and reliable. It is a small unit approx 20 inches high by
13 inches wide by 10 inches deep. It has a humidistat and an RH
indicator (not all small dehumidifiers have these).

We purchased ours with the aid of a 50% grant from the Conservation
Unit of the Museums and Galleries Commission.

Helena Jaeschke
Archaeological Conservator

                  Distributed: Monday, October 6, 1997