Subject: Private practice

Private practice

From: Lisa A. Young <youngl<-a>
Date: Wednesday, October 1, 1997
I am an Objects Conservator who is currently employed by the
Smithsonian. I have recently decided to branch out on my own and
start my own business.  I have searched many databases, including
the Cons DistList, and I am looking for advice on whether private
conservators have incorporated or not?  I have heard many different
stories. Some work will be done outside my home, but some will be
done at home.  If any private conservators have any other useful
advice regarding business issues such as liabilities, insurance
coverage (clients vs mine), safety issues, etc. I would really like
to hear them. If anyone would be interested in sharing a written
contract with me I would be most grateful.

Lisa Young
2042 Arlington Terrace
Alexandria, Va 22303

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 1, 1997