Subject: Dehumidifier

Dehumidifier

From: George Bailey <george.bailey<-a>
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 1997
Sharon Connell <libsac<-a t->library< . >novell< . >leeds< . >ac< . >uk> writes

>Following a mould outbreak in one of our smaller libraries, we want
>to purchase a portable dehumidifier for emergencies. We've contacted
>a few suppliers but wondered if anyone has any information or advice
regarding >products/suppliers.

The Australian War Memorial uses Munters dehumidifiers of various
sizes. Model No. M50 sounds about the size you want. Munters
Australia have a scheme where they will lease dehumidifiers to
museums & archive (& businesses) in the event of emergencies or
disasters. Munters used to have an office in Huntingdon (+61 480
432243), although this information is several years old. Try them,
they may have a similar scheme to Munters Australia.

George Bailey
Objects Conservator
Australian War Memorial
Treloar Centre for Conservation