Subject: Processing RC papers

Processing RC papers

From: Darius Himes <dhimes<-a>
Date: Wednesday, September 17, 1997
I would like to know if anyone has had experience with testing fixer
residue (sodium thiosulphate *or* ammonium thiosulphate) levels in
Resin Coated photographic papers.

I am concerned about the level of fixer present in RC papers which
have been run through a black and white print processor (a process
which takes 1 minute). Our institution is currently using such a
processor, and these prints are destined for our permanent
collection of photographs. Establishing just how much fixer residue
these prints retain seems paramount. Are there any suggestions?

Darius Himes
Archival Darkroom Technician/Photographer
Audio-Visual Department
Baha'i World Centre
Haifa, Israel

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 17, 1997