Subject: Pens with permanent ink

Pens with permanent ink

From: Scott Campbell <ScottCampbell<-a>
Date: Monday, September 15, 1997
Is anyone aware of a ballpoint pen or rollerball pen that uses
permanent black ink? The pen must be capable of surviving in a
tropical environment as well as being able to work in an
air-conditioned space without skipping, smearing, bleeding through,
fading, etc.

For a number of years we have used the Illustrator pen which uses
india ink and is a ballpoint. But we are having problems with it in
air-conditioned environments in the tropics, and need to test other
pens with archival-permanent characteristics.

We tested the Space Pen 5-6 years ago as a possible candidate, but
could never get a clear sense on the permanence of the ink from the
manufacturer (trade secrets). In our own informal real world testing
it smeared when subjected to moisture, whereas the Illustrator did
not. Thanks,

Scott Campbell
Sacred Archives of Adidam

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 16, 1997