Subject: Latex paint on exhibition cases

Latex paint on exhibition cases

From: Emily Klayman <eklayman<-a>
Date: Monday, September 15, 1997
There has been a policy where I work to let cases painted with latex
paint dry for two weeks before objects can be placed in them.
Recently, I have reread articles on the subject that are confusing
to me. Several imply that latex paint does not offgas, others say
there is a waiting period of anywhere from several weeks to several
months. I would like to hear what the policies are in other
institutions, as well as citations of current articles that discuss
this topic. The types of objects that are being placed in these
cases include: mixed media, photographs, works of art on paper,
books, and metal objects. Quick responses would be appreciated as
this is currently an issue for me. Thanks,

Emily Klayman

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 16, 1997