Subject: UV lamps

UV lamps

From: Ramona Duncan-Huse <rduncan<-a>
Date: Wednesday, September 10, 1997
Alexandra Greathead <mcard.pro.kew<-a t->gtnet< . >gov< . >uk> writes

>I am researching the use of UV lamps and would like information on
>exposure times.  How long is a safe exposure time for the document?
>How long a rest before that document is subjected to another
>session?

I have a follow-up question regarding the use of long or short wave
UV lamp illumination for examining works on paper.  Could anyone
point me to resources in the literature? Regards,

Ramona Duncan-Huse
Head of Conservation
Indiana Historical Society Library
315 W. Ohio Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317-232-1879
Fax: 317-233-3109

               Distributed: Thursday, September 11, 1997