Subject: Buckram

Buckram

From: Peter D. Verheyen <pdverhey<-a>
Date: Tuesday, September 9, 1997
    **** Moderator's comments:   Please respond directly to
    david<-a t->hewit< . >com

This message is being forwarded at the request of the original
poster and concerns the decision by ICG to no longer produce any
heavy-weight starch filled buckram. Hewit and the Bookbinders
Warehouse are considering bringing in such material from England,
but need information on the what the potential market is. In
speaking with someone at ICG I was informed that their production
runs were 5000 yards and that they were selling perhaps 5-600 yards
of any particular color hence the decision to no longer produce. The
replacement material they suggested is not comparable in any way
(the name escapes me at this early hour, at home).