Subject: Guidelines for storage

Guidelines for storage

From: Col Lynam <lynam<-a>
Date: Wednesday, September 3, 1997
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender and if of general interest post it here as well

I am the archivist for the University of Queensland Seismograph
Collection, a unique collection of photo-positive seismograms
(earthquake recordings) made at the Brisbane and Charters Towers
seismograph stations, dating back to 1937.

I am preparing a guideline for specifications of a storage facility
and require professional advice or references on the storage of
photographic paper and heat sensitive papers. Maps and aerial photo
preservation are also of interest to me, as well.

Col Lynam
QUAKES, Department of Earth Sciences

                 Distributed: Friday, September 5, 1997