Subject: Microfilm scanners

Microfilm scanners

From: Randolph Stilson <stilsonr<-a>
Date: Tuesday, September 2, 1997
Enrico Flaiani <efl<-a t->iol< . >it> writes

>My office would like to start a new project of digitizing a large
>amount of 35 mm negative microfilms stored in our archives.

Several years ago as part of a workshop I went with a group to a
microfilm jobber to tour their shop.  While there a Minolta
microfilm digitizer was demonstrated.  I do not remember the model
but I assume that any of the large microfilm equipment manufacturers
(Bell & Howell, Canon, etc.) probably have similar devices and their
sales people can probably supply you with the requisite information
about availability.

Randolph Stilson
Archivist
The Evergreen State College
Olympia WA 98505
Partner, Documents & Records Conservation Preservation Restoration,
    LLC
Secretary/Treasurer, Conservation Associates of the Pacific
    Northwest

                 Distributed: Friday, September 5, 1997