Subject: Insect infestation in gourds

Insect infestation in gourds

From: Adrian Swain <a.swain<-a>
Date: Friday, August 29, 1997
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience treating
gourds which exhibit periodic evidence of insect activity. We have
several works of art constructed from gourds or gourd parts. At
unpredictable intervals, we find dust from burrowing insects below these
objects, and some dead insects nearby. In the past, we have fumigated,
which seems to stop the problem temporarily. Can anyone give me more
specific clues as to a more permanent treatment which will rid these
objects of insects and kill off their eggs as well?

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 2, 1997