Subject: UV filtering properties of borasilica glass

UV filtering properties of borasilica glass

From: Jeanne Drewes <jdrewes<-a>
Date: Monday, August 25, 1997
The architect is recommending saving money on our reading room
lights by not adding an acrylic stabilized lens with uv protection
sandwiched in.  Instead our lights will have holohedral etched
screen made of borasilica glass.  The manufacturer says that will
reduce uv by 90-94%.

Do you know anything about the filtering properties of etched
borasilica?

Jeanne Drewes
Head, Preservation Department
Milton S. Eisenhower Library