Subject: Kustom Conservation

Kustom Conservation

From: Mark Knight <otter<-a>
Date: Wednesday, August 20, 1997
In Cons DistList Instances 11:9 (15 July 1997) and 11:17 (19 August
1997), mention is made of there being new owners of Conservation
Materials, and of the business name being changed to Kustom
Conservation and then to Conservator's Emporium.  As many who
recently received a fax from Dorothy Adams now realize, Conservation
Materials was *not* sold, but it is closing permanently.  Adams and
her husband Douglas, now deceased, founded Conservation Materials.
Following the death of her husband, Dorothy has suffered other
setbacks, including the recent flooding of the business premises in
Reno, Nevada, and the recent emergence of new competitor,
Conservator's Emporium, also in Reno.  I join other members of the
conservation community in regretting the closing of a valued
supplier and real asset to our profession.

                  Distributed: Friday, August 22, 1997