Subject: Condition checklists in Asian languages

Condition checklists in Asian languages

From: Vicki Cassman <vcassman<-a>
Date: Thursday, August 7, 1997
The conservation, registration and curation departments of the Asian
Art Museum of San Francisco are hoping to put together copies of
object condition checklists that have been translated into Asian
languages.  Are there museums that have already invested in
translating condition report forms or checklists? Our goal is to
have basic checklists by object type that can be adapted as our
future needs require.  This will make condition reporting an easier
task in bilingual exhibition loan situations.  Please let us know if
any of these forms are already in existence and who we should
contact to get copies.  Thank you,

Vicki Cassman

                  Distributed: Friday, August 8, 1997