Subject: Testing adhesives

Testing adhesives

From: Sally Shelton <libsdnhm<-a>
Date: Thursday, August 7, 1997
    **** Moderator's comments:   Please respond directly to the
    author

For a presentation to a paleontology meeting, I am preparing a talk on how
adhesives/consolidants are tested, who tests them, what the key desirable
characteristics are, what the tests entail, where this information is
published (electronically as well as paper), and which spot tests can be
done by anyone.  This all will be news to a majority of the group. If you
have any information you think should be included in this, I would very
much appreciate hearing from you. Please reply off-list. I will post the
results after the meeting in October.

Sally Shelton
Director, Collections Care and Conservation
San Diego Natural History Museum
P.O. Box 1390
San Diego, California  92112
619-232-3821