Subject: Painted eggs

Painted eggs

From: Paul Storch <paul.storch<-a>
Date: Thursday, August 7, 1997
Amy Rider of the Slifer House Museum in Lewisburg, PA inquired about
"how to fix" two broken 'scratch painted' 19th century Easter eggs.
One could assume from the description that these are valuable
historic objects that warrant an investment of time and money to
save properly, and that there is not a trained conservator on staff
at the museum.

Following from this assumption, the simplest and best answer, in my
opinion, is to contact a professional objects/natural history
conservator who has had experience with polychromed objects.  You
can contact me directly off-list and I can discuss this suggestion
further, and you can contact the American Institute for Conservation
(AIC) in Washington, D.C. and access their Conservator Referral
System in order to find someone in your general area who can help
you.

Paul Storch

                  Distributed: Friday, August 8, 1997