Subject: Painted eggs

Painted eggs

From: Amy Rider <drider2<-a>
Date: Tuesday, August 5, 1997
Humpty-Dumpty OR How to fix a broken egg?

This past Easter, the Slifer House Museum in Lewisburg, PA had an
exhibit that included four hard-boiled, scratch painted eggs from
the 1800's. Unfortunately, two of the eggs were dropped in the
process of moving.  The pieces of egg were salvaged, but the
question remains, "how do we fix them"?  Like I said, they are
scratch painted on the outside, so we need to conserve them so that
we don't damage the paint. I am working in conjunction with Gary
Parks who is the Director at Slifer House and asked me to send this
message.

Amy Rider

                 Distributed: Wednesday, August 6, 1997