Subject: Oxygen-free display cases

Oxygen-free display cases

From: Johan Hermans <jhermans<-a>
Date: Monday, July 28, 1997
We are researching an economic way of building an oxygen free
display case for a rubberized piece of costume.  The costume is
currently stored using Ageless and we want to use a similar
technique for it's temporary display

Does anyone have any experience of constructing such a case? Also
can anyone recommend a good oxygen level meter?  Literature
references would be gratefully received too.

Johan Hermans, Senior Paper Conservator
Museum of London
+44 171 600 3699
Fax: +44 171 600 1058