Subject: Dating linden wood

Dating linden wood

From: Barry Knight <barry<-a>
Date: Friday, August 1, 1997
Joanna M. Arszynska <jma<-a t->dove< . >boa< . >uni< . >torun< . >pl> asks if there is a
method for dating a panel painting on linden (lime) wood.  I believe
that there is a dendrochronological sequence for linden in Russia,
but I do not know whether this would be applicable in Poland.

Barry Knight
English Heritage
London

                  Distributed: Friday, August 1, 1997