Subject: Parking garages and library buildings

Parking garages and library buildings

From: William Henderson <willt<-a>
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 1997
Geert Maas <g.maas<-a t->ubu< . >ruu< . >nl> writes

>Could somebody on this list direct me to information about the
>hazards of combining a library building with a (semi-)underground
>car-park.

The Lincoln Library, the public library in Springfield, Illinois, is
such a combined facility.  Jean Jaderborg, the facilities manager
for Lincoln Library has indicted full willingness to field questions
about this facility.  She is not on the DistList and may be reached
directly at jeanj<-a t->alpha1< . >rpls< . >lib< . >il< . >us

I can attest to the convenience and ease with which the parking
garage at Lincoln Library may be used, having taken advantage of it
on several occasions when attending meetings hosted by Lincoln
Library.

William T Henderson, Assoc. Prof.

                  Distributed: Friday, August 1, 1997