Subject: UV filters

UV filters

From: Barry Knight <barry<-a>
Date: Friday, August 1, 1997
Jeanne Drewes <jdrewes<-a t->jhu< . >edu> writes

>I am looking for recommendations for uv protection for glass on
>table cases.

The principal suppliers in the UK, and I imagine in the US as well,
are Courtaulds, 3M and Madico.  I only have a US address for Madico:

    64 Industrial Parkway,
    PO Box 4023,
    Woburn, MA 01888-9984
    617-935-7850
    Fax: 617-935-6841

I would like to ask a question of my own regarding window films:
does anybody have any experience of removing these films when they
have reached the end of their life and need to be replaced?  The
manufacturers' information suggests that they can be removed by
thoroughly wetting the film, but other anecdotal information
suggests that this doesn't work for all films.  Any information?

Barry Knight
English Heritage
London

                  Distributed: Friday, August 1, 1997