Subject: Polyvinyl acetate and offgassing

Polyvinyl acetate and offgassing

From: Alexandra Greathead <mcard.pro.kew<-a>
Date: Wednesday, July 23, 1997
I am in the process of making boxes in which rolls of 35mm negative
film strips will be stored.  I am using PVA in the process of making
the boxes and am wondering what the consensus of opinion is
regarding the length of time the boxes should be left open and
unused until offgassing no longer occurs.

Alexandra Greathead
Conservation Department
Public Record Office
Kew