Subject: Alternatives to naphthalene for entomology collection

Alternatives to naphthalene for entomology collection

From: Vinod Daniel <vinodd<-a>
Date: Tuesday, July 22, 1997
Does any one know of a working alternative to Naphthalene (or PDB)
for stopping insects attacking entomology specimens. Our museum has
a insect collection and we are trying to move away from naphthalene
especially due to health and safety reasons.

Vinod Daniel
Scientific Officer
Materials Conservation Division
Australian Museum
6 College Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
+61 2 9320 6115
Fax: +61 2 9320 6070

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 23, 1997