Subject: Wet tissue specimens

Wet tissue specimens

From: Christina C. Sweet <sweetc<-a>
Date: Tuesday, July 22, 1997
The National Museum of Health and Medicine is currently reviewing
our policies regarding the display of human remains, both wet tissue
and skeletal specimens, on our exhibit floor.  We are requesting
input from other museums regarding their policies and discussions on
displaying or the decision not to display human remains.  Please
note that this is not a NAGPRA related issue as our exhibits focus
on the display of normal and pathological anatomical specimens.

We are also interested in any information concerning creative
solutions to the safe storage of wet tissue specimens and the
development of a preservation strategy for this material.

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 23, 1997